We really pride ourselves on selling beautiful, UK grown Christmas trees. But there’s a few things to make sure you do when choosing and putting up your tree at home to make sure it looks amazing right through the festive period!
When a tree is cut, more than half its weight is water! Remembering this is key to keeping your tree healthy!
- Search out UK grown trees – these have travelled less and will have been cut more recently.
- Choose your tree variety wisely. Traditional spruces smell fantastic, but will drop leaves. Nordmanns look gorgeous, but don’t smell as strong.
- Stand your tree in water (in a bucket is fine until you put it up, then display it indoors in a stand with a water reservoir).
- Keep your tree outside in a bucket of water until you are ready to decorate (our cosy central heating dries trees out more quickly).
- Make a fresh cut to remove about a 1/2-inch thick disk before putting the tree in its stand. Don’t whittle the sides of the trunk as these outside layers are best of sucking up water!
- Keep topping up the water in your reservoir.
- If space allows, place your tree away from any heat source.
If you’re looking to pick up a premium-quality tree this Christmas, then why not head on over to our Christmas store, where we have tons of great offers on both free-range poultry and UK-grown Nordmann Spruces!